Guess who's bowling for abortion access?
March 22nd, 2012
None other than renowned author Katha Pollitt, who explains why she's breaking out the rental shoes and lays out six reasons why donors should be giving to their local abortion funds and to the National Network of Abortion Funds in the April 9, 2012 edition of The Nation:
- With a very small investment, you can change a woman's life forever
- Your donation helps to solve a tangible problem
- Paying forward the safe, legal abortion care that the people in your life--or maybe you yourself--have had access to
- You are making choice a reality for someone
- You are investing in the new young leaders of tomorrow--the activists and volunteers who answer the hotlines, form bowling teams for abortion access, and raise their voices for abortion access
- You will feel good. With reason!
"You know those supposedly missing younger feminists? Abortion funds are one place you’ll find them," points out Katha Pollitt. And she seeks them out, speaking with activists from the Lilith Fund in Texas, the DC Abortion Fund, and the New York Abortion Access Fund!
Check out the article online, and why not follow Katha's lead? Commit to lacing up those rental shoes, giving stigma the cold shoulder, and raising what you can so that a woman you will never meet will be able to make the decision that's right for herself and her life.
Click here to learn more about the 3rd Annual National Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon.