Join the National Network of Abortion Funds
Since 1993, the National Network of Abortion Funds has served as an important resource for abortion funds around the country and the world. We've grown from a small network of 20 abortion funds into a dynamic and thriving web of nearly 100 funds in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and online.
We represent abortion funds and the women who seek help from abortion funds. We work to build the capacity of member abortion funds so that they can help more women more effectively. We consistently advocate on behalf of the women who seek abortion funding by fighting for better laws. We connect funds to each other, we connect women to each other, and we connect the fight for abortion funding to basic fairness and justice.
To join the Network, call 617-267-7161 or email [email protected].
With your Network membership, your fund receives these benefits:
- Participation in a fabulous network of over abortion funds in 41 states and the District of Columbia, and including funds in Canada, Mexico, England/Ireland, and an international web-based Fund
- Participation in the annual National Abortion Access Bowl-a-thon, a phenomenal series of related local fundraising events that raise money for abortion funds while striking down barriers to abortion access
- Our funds-only listserv, with consistent updates on policy changes and other issues directly affecting you
- Our dvd, Legal But Out of Reach: six women’s abortion stories, and discussion guide
- Access to special grants for state-based advocacy campaigns and staff assistance on your campaigns
- One-on-one assistance from our staff on issues such as fundraising, communications, public relations, advocacy, finances, and other best practices
- Access to special capacity-building grants for organizational development training, fundraising consultants, and technological improvements.
- Participation in regional abortion fund meetings
- Subsidies for fees and travel to our National Organizing Summit
- The option to receive 501(c)(3)status through the Network’s group exemption
- Collaborative funding resources from the Network’s National Case Manager and the George Tiller Memorial Abortion Fund
- Free e-mail accounts and web space for your fund
- A community of people who share your vision and your passion for true reproductive justice
Here's what you have to do to be a member of the National Network of Abortion Funds:
1. Return the annual member Fund profile.
2. Pay your dues (a sliding scale fee from $25 to $100).
3. Be our partner!